AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok need your opinion on these two sets. I can get the 55311 for $1725 before taxes or get the 55411 for $2500 before taxes. What I want to know is the 55411 worth the extra money? I was thinking about Hitachi's 51SWX20B to. So many people in here like this and it is a nice one. I like the Mit's for it's upgrade ability. Is there that big of a difference between these two?

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
934 Posts
wow, thats a HUGE price difference on the sets. Here's my advice....try to get the store to pricematch PC Richard and Sons in NJ. They are an authorized Mits. dealer and I just bought a 55411 from them for $2195. If they need a copy of a receipt, just PM me and I'll send mine to you. If you can't get the lower price on the 55411, I say go with the 311, the differences aren't worth $800 by any means. It almost sounds like there may be something wrong with the 311 and thats why they are selling it so cheap.

-Beef

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Beefcake thanks for the info. This is the problem Sears is the only one here locally that will price match on-line prices but they only carry the 311 and the 511 not the 411. So I either price match the 311 at Sears or buy the 411 for $2500 somewhere else. I'm not really considering the 511 because I don't need the tuner and the lack of the stretch modes(the 411 has the better ones). So what do you think?

·
Registered
934 Posts
I would say go with the 311. If you want to be absolutely sure, go see both with similar video source (like HDTV and Dish/Directv). See if you can tell the $800 difference.

Also, I have heard that Sears doesn't actually have the Mits. in stock. They say 2 weeks for delivery, but thats just a guess, it's not based on anything other than that. This may persuade you to get the 411 if you can get it for a good price. The average price around here for the 411 is $2500-$2600, so your not getting ripped off.

Good luck. Let me know what you do

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok here is the low down I can get the 411 for $2350 till Tuesday. Let me throw in 1 more into this that I'm really considering. Sony's KP51WS500. I know,I know I'm not crazy about Sony but it looks like did a good job on this model and put alot on it and could get it for $1774. Has anyone researched this Sony?

·
Registered
934 Posts
I was looking at the Sony as well. Don't get me wrong, Sony makes a great tube tv, just not a great projection tv. I looked at this TV up close and the picture didn't seem as sharp and crisp as it did on the 411.

For $2350 I would get the 411. As long as that is also within your budget. I know how sometimes you want to "Strecth" just a little more. I did. I didn't want to spend more than $2000, but I spent $2400. Oh well.

Talk to you later.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.