AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone out there know of a HAVI receiver or dvd in the US marketplace?? (I know Mitsu makes the D-VCR, and have already confirmed that next years DVD model *sigh* is not HAVI compliant)

Is it a dead or dieing technology?

I usually analyze things to DEATH before purchase and this is one case that I did not. Over the holiday weekend I purchased the 65711; Yes, it does look wonderful. Yes, I had done some research on it and had looked around at some of the competition.

The firewire and havi implementation originally attracted me to the Mitsubishi line, even before I had started doing 'sight' inspections...and those features ultimately convinced me to pay the price premium.

Now I am searching high and low... and as near as I can tell there is no such thing as HAVi in the home entertainment marketplace. Mitsu cannot name ANY component except their VCR that is compatible with their firewire/havi communications... I then thought I'd found the dream setup when I found the Pioneer Elite Receiver/DVD with firewire but then started reading about incompatibilties with the Mitsu online. Can anybody here confirm or deny? Neither Mitsu nor Pioneer could directly say 'yes' or 'no'. They just read their specs to me...

I've been to havi's website, I've called havi's phone number, and they've confirmed that yes-- the only havi home entertainment components in the us marketplace are those 5 televisions and 1 dvcr listed on their website... And they have no information about any possible future releases of havi components.

The person that answered the phone indicated that there could be some manufacturers that were making components that were havi compliant but could not label themselves as such for legal reasons...

(BTW, sorry if I'm running off at the mouth; first post-- I prolly should'a joined up BEFORE the purchase....D'OH!)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.