AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a mitsubishi 65807 which is probably 6-7 years old. I am looking at upgrading to the new 65833 or other 2007-08 model when they come out. My question, is there a big difference between my old model and these new ones? I looked at the 65831 at BB yesterday and it seemed real nice. Obviously has hdmi and the footprint is much smaller.

I would appreciate your thoughts on this.

Thanks

Jim

·
Registered
572 Posts
well...the difference is your current TV has CRTs, the 65833 is a DLP.

...you already mentioned the HDMI inputs, so I guess now you know everything that you would need to know.

oh...I think the 833 has cablecard and a tvguide...

·
Registered
76 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlenz /forum/post/0

I currently have a mitsubishi 65807 which is probably 6-7 years old. I am looking at upgrading to the new 65833 or other 2007-08 model when they come out. My question, is there a big difference between my old model and these new ones? I looked at the 65831 at BB yesterday and it seemed real nice. Obviously has hdmi and the footprint is much smaller.

I would appreciate your thoughts on this.

Thanks

Jim

I have the exact same model and I'm looking to upgrade to ... the exact same model.

I love my 1080i 65807, but the technical advancements of the 833 over my current 807 are very hard to ignore.

I don't have much experience with DLPs but I'm very concerned about the rainbow effect. Does anyone know if T.I. has improved the latest gen DLP chips to combat this effect? I have never seen this rainbow problem before but my entire family has seen it. They're also the ones who can make out those magic eye puzzles in the mall!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.