1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I had decided to purchase the 65908 but

when I asked the salesman from the local Tweeters

to come down a little in price he was nasty and

said what you see is what you get ($4,999.00).

Do any of these stores dicker at all on price?

I don't want to go the route of purchasing over

the internet. I am in PA and read a post in

another forum that someone paid a lot less at the

same chain but when I went to verify I could not.

Is the price of $5K reasonable for this set?

Thanks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I purchased the 65857 which is one model down from the 65907 about 3 months ago. I paid $3499 at Tweeter (Hi Fi Buys) here in Atlanta. I did not think that the difference in price between the 65907 and the 65857 was worth the money (about $500 at the time). The picutures are identical and the features do not warrant the difference. I am extremely happy with the 65857!!! Tweeter/Hi Fi Buys will not bicker on the price on the unit as their reseller agreement with Mitsubishi does not allow it. If you buy it over the internet, be forewarned that you are buying "grey market" and the warranty probably won't be valid, unless you are buying it from an authorized representative. If the rep is authorized, i.e., not grey market, then you will pay the same price no matter who you buy it from. Since I bought numerous other things from Hi Fi Buys when I bought the Mitsu, they gave me a bundle discount, plus one year no interest financing, so in effect, I got a discount.

I would buy the 65857, not the 907 (or 908). If you read the reviews in the trade rags, they'll tell you the 857 is every bit as good, but cheaper. Unless you plan to use the set for a commercial application, for home use, you're not going to notice a bit of difference. And you'll save yourself quite a bit of money.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Farvque, was that last years platinum plus model?

So then what you are saying is that the equivelant

would be the 65819 correct?

·
Premium Member
11,839 Posts
You can definitely work them down on the price. They are being tough because of the time of the year (new models). Do not make them an offer, make them make you an offer and then drill them again. Remember, this will be the same set that they will have on sale in a few months for 4500.00.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.