Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have an 18 month old Mits WS-55905 that suddenly started doing something very strange. Saturday I turned it on, only to behold a seriously screwed up convergence (like looking down on a net weighted in the middle by a rock). No amount of fiddling fixed this (changed inputs, turned off & on, etc) except for one thing: unplugging the set. Then all my beautiful convergence & geometry returned. I also found that the problem only returns when turning the set off while in HD mode. If I turn it off in HD mode, I have to do the un-plug trick again. If I turn it off in an SD mode (like DVD), everything is ok. Another weird thing: when messed up, going into and SD mode and pressing menu 1259 takes me to HD Coarse Convergence, not SD coarse convergence.

Any ideas out there? I have an extended warranty, but am loath to let some tech in to swap boards and mess up my ISF'd grayscale and geometry courtesy of Mr. Bob. I'm also pursuing this at www.***************.com, but thought I might get more eyes here.

Thanks for any help, suggestions, thoughts,

Dave

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.