AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have a series XX907 Mits, you can zoom to fill the screen for SD 16:9 programs without distortion - not true with older models.

Boy, if ever you need an excuse to bite the bullet & get a HD sat system, it's "Band of Brothers"!

------------------
J.Mike
I am firm, you are obstinate, he is pigheaded

My DVD Collection
My Home Theatre

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks. The problem is that when I "zoom," naturally I cut off some of the sides. It looked to me as though watching Band of Brothers in "standard" Mits mode was like watching an anamorphic dvd filed with 2.35:1 aspect ration ... still have black bars on top and bottom but dimensions were "correct." Is this right?

As far as having HD, I actually have a Dish 6000 receiver, but I cannot get the 61.5 or 148 satellites from my apartment ... a real bummer.

·
Registered
38 Posts
What is the best display format for watching shows such as Band of Brothers on a Mits widescreen (s-video, not HD)? The series was shot in widescreen. So watching it in "standard" mode still produced small black bars at the top and bottom, but this seemed to be in better proportion than watching it in "expand" mode, where the black bars are not there. That seemed to distort the picture vertically. Am I correct in this?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.