Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

This is a follow-up to my previous posts about the Mits WD65100.

I purchased this set on 9/09/2002.

At first glance, this was a beautiful set. I posted a positive review in September.

After installing my PS/2 & HTPC, I noticed pronounced pincushion in the left quadrant of the picture.

Mits sent out a tech, they could not fix it, so they suggested a light box replacement. They left. It took 3 weeks for the new light box to arrive.

The new light box came in, the techs installed it, and POOF the box sparked, and died.

They put the old one (with original problem) back in.

They ordered a new light box, this took 6 weeks.

On 12/9/2002 the new light box was installed. They could not adjust the picture. They left the picture "tilted" about 20 degrees. They said they had to follow up at the factory for more info.

So now, problem is worse and very, very noticeable on any video source.

The tech calls back, and says, "The projection screen is too flexible to give proper geometry - it can never be fixed"

What? The projection screen (behind the shield) is blowing in the wind?

I have seen $3000 DLP projectors with perfect geometry. This is a $17,500

DLP. What gives?

I am at my wits end. Any explanation from one of our forum's tech gods will be greatly appreciated.

The bottom line is: I have a very expensive projector that works great if you tilt your head to the side.

3 months, and this problem is not resolved - and I only live about 35 miles from Mitsubishi HQ!

Thanx for your patience.

end of rant.

Joe

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
$17,500?!?!?!?!

Kinda makes our problems seem small by comparison.

If this is a new/current model, it is, from what you described, defective by nature and does NOT perform as advertised or claimed. Jump up and down and shout a lot until Mitsubishi takes it back and returns your money.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,

A small update. Mits called me today. They are sending 2 experts (they I.D.'d them as part of the team that designed this TV!) to my home tomorrow.

I will keep you posted.

Thank You,

Joe

P.S. The TV retails for 17.5 G but the wife did swing a better deal :) I was using that figure as a point of comparison. If anyone sets a MSRP that high, you expect perfection!

·
Registered
148 Posts
As far as I believed, if a product has to be serviced 3 times in the first year, a lemon law takes affect and the mfg. has to replace that product. I would contact the dealer and find out specific laws in your state, Joe.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi,

Thank You, I believe you are correct. I have done a little research, and hope to save that for the last step. Mits is sending their "Top" tech in about 2 hours, so after they leave, Ill update.

I realize that this is not a common product, and this thread may not be as relevant (and certainly not as interesting!) as other threads. I am posting this to add to the group experience, and hopefully save someone else a little grief. :)

Thank You,

Joe

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi,

Well the tech came in, and did a 6-axis adjustment. It seems that the original contract guys thought there were only 2.

Now for the good news:

I AM BACK TO DLP NIRVANA !

Of course it took 3 months for this to be fixed, so I have a lot of viewing to catch up on. (Now for that DVHS recorder, maybe the wife will read this thread :) )

Thank You for your input,

Bye,

Joe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.