AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I am going to be selling my current set(51hx40) to my mom when she gets her Tax refund. So, I am looking for my next upgrade.

I was thinking about the Mitsubishi's because I hear the new Diamonds have 9" CRT's, correct? Is this with all model sizes or just with the 73" model? How can I tell which model # have the 9" CRT's? Is it the 55909, 65909, 73909 that have the 9's?? What models in the do you recommend I look at?

Then I was also looking at the Pio Elite 530hdi, I know this is their last line of rear projection CRT tv's and the pro530 had some issues, but I figure this set is still something to look at. I think the 53 is only $2k to, so that is a nice price.

Then we have the Sammy HLN's. I like DLP's because of the pro's they have, but also worried about the cons. I don't need to list thembecause I know everyone knows what they are. But, is there a new models coming out soon? I thought I read a few weeks ago that they would be having new models with faster color wheels or something to that fact. So, I'm hoping they will have a new model come out without the artifact movement on the screen which is annoying. Any truth to this??

My primary viewing will be 40% sdtv, 30% hdtv and the rest DVD, xbox and gamecube(which is where the HLN's sound nice. No burn in)

Any recommendations?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright, I guess the mits 55813 doesn't have the 9" crt's. I don't need anything bigger than 55 so I guess I will miss out on the 9" crt's. But man, I really dig the look of the new mits cabinets. Very nice looking set.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Heh, whoops I didn't see your post Kipp, thanks.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No one has an opinion on this?! Hole-E-**** it must be a forum first!

Between the Mits and the Pio what would you guys get? I can get the Pio for $2k and the Mits for a little under $4k, maybe be able to talk them down a few hundy.

Is the Mits worth the extra $1-2k?? Is it worth waiting for the new HD3 and HD2+ chips on the new Sammy's???

I know you guys love to talk, so talk to me!

·
Registered
250 Posts
I had friends over for the superbowl and most have LCDs or DLPs. They all commented on how they felt that my WS65-813 showed a better quality picture than what they had. The 9" CRTs really make a difference. In reality, if you're not a huge AV guru, once you get it home, whatever you buy will look good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.