AVS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a Mits HC1500 in March, just last week the bulb went on me already!! Had about 200 hours on it. Called MIts and there is a 90 day warranty on the bulb, which I was past. Without any fuss they offered to replace it. Hope to get it by end of next week. Great service from Mits!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My first question would be why??? Believe me the bulb is no good. The glass is actually broken inside the bulb....

And Mits made me ship it to them in order to get a replacement. But my curiousity has got the better of me. Why?? Why??? Why would you want a dead bulb?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Part of the answer is in your post.

A dead bulb is useful because some warranty providers / manufacturers will require your old, dead bulb to exchange for another.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If that is the case, it amazes me what some folks will do to save a buck! It's antics such as this that cost the company more money and the end result is that it is passed on back to us the consumer with higher prices.

·
Registered
573 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkeye /forum/post/14327679

If that is the case, it amazes me what some folks will do to save a buck! It's antics such as this that cost the company more money and the end result is that it is passed on back to us the consumer with higher prices.

I agree! That's pretty shady to say the least.

I also had a good experience with Sharp regarding a bulb replacement. I bought a demo unit that had 1200 hrs on it. Because it was a demo, it still had the full warranty. I called Sharp and told them that it was kind of dim and that it was over 1/2 way through it's life (the xv-z12000mkII lamp is only rated for 2000 hrs). They sent me a brand new bulb and let me keep the old one as well

·
Registered
1,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkeye /forum/post/14327679

"Save a buck" is putting it very mildly. It's more like insurance fraud.

·
Registered
111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrd /forum/post/14330251

"Save a buck" is putting it very mildly. It's more like insurance fraud.

Neither of you know that's what he intends. He may just want the housing for a rebuild, and bingo, a cheap spare bulb.

·
Banned
3,899 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlowingGhoul /forum/post/14334636

Neither of you know that's what he intends. He may just want the housing for a rebuild, and bingo, a cheap spare bulb.

yeah, these guys are quick to rip me a new one without even knowing my intentions. There's actually a guy who claims to be able to rebuild bulbs. If I can get one cheap, then I will get it done. Sheesh, insurance fraud? Lighten up, francis

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I had a bulb go with 420hrs on it and Optoma also replaced it for free. It is nice to see some company's still take care of their customers. Hope you get 3000 on your new bulb.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts