AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i have my projector setup at 110 inches when viewing movies with the bars on the top and bottom i get about a 1/2 inch if extra space on the right and left side of the screen. Is this normal? Or is there something in the settings i can change that will stretch it to fill in these gaps?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Just use the zoom to fill it. It could be your DVD player (assuming it's a DVD you're playing). For some odd reason, my PS2 did the same thing. I switched to a 360 and didn't have any gap like that.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I notice this on some TV shows with my 1500. Maybe it's just coincidence but I changed the 1500 to Real mode and it seemed to go away. Not sure what that mode does though.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_K_A /forum/post/14342318

I notice this on some TV shows with my 1500. Maybe it's just coincidence but I changed the 1500 to Real mode and it seemed to go away. Not sure what that mode does though.

Real mode means the projector is displaying exactly what it is receiving, signal wise.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I see the same thing when playing standard DVDs through my HD-A3. For some reason, for a given movie, the HD-DVD fills the width of the screen, but the standard DVD leaves slight borders on the left and right sides of the screen.

And, if I remember correctly, I have also used "Real" mode to correct the issue. I probably should just leave it on Real at all times (I think mine's set to 16x9 right now). I rarely watch straight-up 480 material (i.e. non-upconverted) anyway.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys i'll give real mode a try. it is doing it with an HD-DVD on an A2. I just don't want to put up my black border around screen and have that annoying 1/2 inch and the bars on the top and bottom.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I always thought "real mode" zooms in the picture a little bit. If your watching an HD program, it'll cause it to cut off the edge(s) of the image and you lose detail because the image is "blown up". This is why I leave mine on 16x9.

fernalfer, why don't you just adjust the manual projector zoom so it fills up your screen? With a triple black velvet border, any image splash-over will be absorbed by the velvet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts