AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all - been awhile since I posted but the reflection of light off my ceiling has been dampering my mood lately...

I have the ceiling painted black but I guess the resin reflect the light anyway = boo hiss...

Anyways I'm hoping someone might know of a non-reflective speciality paint as the idea of stapling black velvet to the ceiling doesn't sound appealing...

Thanks,

HK

:)

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
I went with a flat charcoal black. Its not MIDNIGHT black, but its dark and not the least bit reflective. I painted the wall my screen hangs on with it. Once I yank down my gray drop ceiling I'll paint the new ceiling with it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well are you postive its not reflective because doing the wall where the screen isn't the best spot to test - try it on the sidewalls and most important IMO is the ceiling...

This flat charcoal you purchased - is it sherman williams or what brand exactly ?

Also where do you find it ?

I bought mine from Lowe's but cannot remember the exact name they called this black paint...

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
I used flat black on my ceiling but it's still reflective. Much better than the white, but still visible. Probably better off with black felt or Duvetyne.

Quote:
Well are you postive its not reflective because doing the wall where the screen isn't the best spot to test - try it on the sidewalls and most important IMO is the ceiling...
Right. Remember: if you can see it...it's reflective.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.