AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking in the B Stock, used, open box stuff at Frys in Phoenix today and found a Mitsubishi HD-1080. Is this the early Mits unit that works only with Mits TVs? There was no price on it but it looked like it had been around quite a while.

Al Keown

Phoenix

·
Registered
255 Posts
This is a HD decoder that I think came out with the xx3 series. It is caca. I remember us having all kinds of problems with it and MITS was aware of the problem as well. Do not buy it. GO with the SRHD500 if you want MITS.

j

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
On the other hand, I used one, borrowed from my dealer, for a year without problem while awaiting the oft delayed emergence of the HD5.

It is OTA only. No satellite programming. And I believe that it works only with Mitsubishi TVs.

It would have to be very cheap, maybe $100, and have a money back guarantee to make it worth buying instead of the $449 Toshiba mentioned in another thread.

------------------

Bill Brenner

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
As I have bought quite a few of them in the past for my friends and AVSForum members, I suggest you try it under this conditions: You have an early Mits HD model that will work with it, you can get strong OTA local digital signals, the unit has all required cables, and the price is under $250 at this moment.

This unit is a perfect match for first and second generations of Mits and together make a nice looking combo with seamless controls.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I used the HD-1080 in 1999 and 2000 with my Mits WS-55805 to watch ABC HD MNF. When the Echostar 6000 and 8VSB module came out my HD-1080 went into my basement storage area. It was OK for OTA at the time. I paid $900. It originally came out at over $2,000. I thought I got a deal, well I did in 1999. It only works with Mits HDTVs.

------------------

Hot

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.