AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Mits X70 LCD projector and Dalite high contrast Damat grey screen provides an very good picture but my problem is hard to describe. On lighter scenes of a movie, I can see what looks to be some sort of reflection on the screen. When i stand up the reflection is still there. When moving to the side the reflection is in a different location depending on the seating position but still there. My theater room is dark so there should be nothing on the screen. Is this the screen mishandling the light output from the projector, the projector itself or the VGA cables maybe? What the heck is going on? Anyone?

------------------

Serge

Parasound AVC 1800

B&K AV 5000 II

Monitor Audio Silver 5's, silver center and silver 3's(rears)

HSU VTF 2

Toshiba DVD

Mitsubishi LVP X70 FPTV

Dalite High Contrast Da-mat 16:9 grey screen

RCA DTC 100

HTPC consisting of Duron 750, AOpen motherboard, Radeon LE video and Turtle Beach Santa Cruz sound
s>

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
no they are actual reflections or maybe the proper term for it is glare. i put some black felt on top of my center channel and this helped in the center of the screen but the problem is still evident.

------------------

Serge

Parasound AVC 1800

B&K AV 5000 II

Monitor Audio Silver 5's, silver center and silver 3's(rears)

HSU VTF 2

Toshiba DVD

Mitsubishi LVP X70 FPTV

Dalite High Contrast Da-mat 16:9 grey screen

RCA DTC 100

HTPC consisting of Duron 750, AOpen motherboard, Radeon LE video and Turtle Beach Santa Cruz sound
s>

·
Registered
30 Posts
Serge,

This is too wierd, my exact screen just came in as well. I am having the same problem as well. You can see it shift when you walk around the room. You are right when you say you can see it on light screens, but it is even evident on a muted picture.

I wonder if dalite is having a bad production run..

Have to make a phone call or two, to get to the bottom of this.

Johnny

[This message has been edited by Yianni (edited 06-21-2001).]

·
Registered
29 Posts
Glare? Sounds like hot-spotting, actually. But how the heck can that be? Those screens are 0.8, right?

Perhaps you have a worn surface that is reflecting light differently than it should? Put up an all gray field (say 50% IRE) and examine the screen closely. Anything wierd or different about that "glare zone"?

------------------

- Tom C

·
Registered
30 Posts
Tom,

No the spot does not stay put. It moves when you move. Depending on the angle you view. You stand, it rises.

This is a sheen coming off the screen. Maybe the sheen of the screen is not uniform.

Johnny

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.