Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Has anyone else had the following problem with this unit:

While watching OTA HD, the signal went blank. I reset the box as this has happened before, only to find that the guide data could not be retrieved. Checked the signals and on Sat A, transponder 2, I get no signal, however all the other transponders have a signal. Called DTV and was told that w/o transponder 2, the unit cannot receive guide data, and w/o guide data, my DTV channels will not be received. Swapped w/ an SD box and transponder 2 comes in??? Is it possible the MITS went bad and affected only 1 transponder???

I really don't want to plop down too much on another unit, cause I'm waiting for the HD Tivo, but I'd have no HD except OTA til then. Calls to MITS are a joke. They're referral line rings and rings. Trying to find an authorized dealer but was hoping someone here could help or at least point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance,

Tony

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have had same problem with my HD5.

It always seems to boil down to overheating. This unit runs hot. My problems seem to be less since I put it on a shelf by itself.

Do a search for HD5 and you will see numerous posts about overheating issues.

Ed

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just started having the same problem with my Mits SR-HD5. I keep losing TP 2 and now am having problems on TP 15. The signal on TP 2 goes as high as 51 and bottoms out at 0 depending on the time of day. I used to have all the TPs pulling in 93-100 (I live in FL).

My unit gets hot, but has good ventilation - it's on a shelf by itself as well.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I lose my OTA stations after short power outages and power fluctuations. The only fix is to unplug the receiver for approx 10 minutes. Works for me every time.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks for the input. I have tried that before and it didn't work. I don't have a problem with the OTA channels, just ones on transponder 2, 15 and 1 or 2 others.

I called Mitsubishi yesterday and they told me they are out of the satellite business, but gave me a company I can call to have the receiver serviced for $100. Since I spent over $700 on this 3 years ago, I am reluctant to shell out more $$.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dabolts,

I just went ahead with the D* offer of $99. I got the Samsung TS-360 (which sucks) but the signal strength for both Sat signals and OTA signals is better than with the MITS. Course it's a shame our units couldn't hold out til April, but what can you do?

Tony

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Tony,

I didn't here about the D* $99 offer - could you elaborate? Also, what's happening in April?

I am still waiting to here back from Mits to see if they will do anything to help me out. I will let you know how that goes. Until then, it's back to the old SD box.

Thanks,

dabolts

·
Registered
41 Posts
FYI - I just got off the phone with D* Customer Retention. The offered me a new triple-LNB dish, a new HD box (it will be a Samsung or Hughs HTL-HD) and installation for $99. I just have to keep Total Choice and the HD package for a year. Not to shabby...

dabolts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Glad to hear it 'bolts,

FWIW, April is when the HD-Tivo units are expected to start shipping.

Tony

·
Registered
17 Posts
Transponders 15 and 17 sometimes die on my HD-5, but then come back

by themselves. Transponder 2 is up all the time. Haven't made up my

mind whether to go with the $99 D-TV deal or get the Dish $0 deal.:confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.