Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bill--

Maybe simplistic, but have you tested by eliminating the switch and connecting the STB component output directly to the TV input?

------------------

Bill Brenner

·
Registered
247 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by wjbjr:
Bill--

Maybe simplistic, but have you tested by eliminating the switch and connecting the STB component output directly to the TV input?

I Did flip the connections of the cable box and the Mits on the RS switcher, but it was late last night, the old back was sore and I did not yet patch the Mits STB direct to the TV. Planned that as first maneuver, or last, tonight prior to taking in to AmericaTV for service. BTW, with flipping inputs to the RS box, again the Sci Atl worked fine but nothing with the Mits STB.

Bill

------------------

Cranial Nerve II With control by III, IV, and VI

·
Registered
247 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dmaneyapanda:
a comment with no factual basis, but one i cannot resist making: are you sure your CGMS bit isn't stuck to the "cannot receive HD material" setting warned about in your manual? http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/tongue.gif Good luck.

dinesh

Here,back inthe "heartland", although maybe in ptown(spent four years there), such things will never happen. We would cheese them out.

Although as an aside, I wonder just were that particular circuitry does interrupt the data stream..could be. That is why I would love a schematic--tempted to take the thing apart.

Bill

------------------

·
Registered
247 Posts
Well, I finally got TW Milwaukee to get me the Sci ATL 2000HD decoder box and have HBO and Show in HD. Did a search to find the best switcher to interface the Sci Atl and the Mits STB to the Mits 65905 component, and as several have suggested , temporarily bought the RS passive switcher. Worked OK for several days, but now the Mits SR STB will not output component( and obviously 1080i) but WILL output svhs, including digital OTA data-(did not check composite). I find this interesting in relation to the circuitry, since one would assume, signal decoding would be the same, but apparently with divergent paths somewhere.

Anybody have this problem before? I guess service is in order, but I hate to do this downtime, now that both HD sources are active, sigh. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/frown.gif The Mits STB only has minimal hours on it. PS I did try unpowering the unit several times to clear registers, without any effect.

Unhappy in the heart land( and right now, all of America, for more important reasons)

Bill

------------------

·
Registered
779 Posts
This may be obvious but you do know that this box can not output composite/svideo and component at the same time. If you have the box set to output to the SD (the composite and svideo) output, you will receive no signal on the component outputs. This issues has confused some users of this box because there is no sd/hd selector or indicator on the front of this box. You should be able to toggle from the SD outputs and HD inputs from the remote. On the Hughes box it is an action key sequence.

If this is not your issue please disregard, it was not clear from your post .

Regards,

Brian

·
Registered
247 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by btmoore:
This may be obvious but you do know that this box can not output composite/svideo and component at the same time. If you have the box set to output to the SD (the composite and svideo) output, you will receive no signal on the component outputs. This issues has confused some users of this box because there is no sd/hd selector or indicator on the front of this box. You should be able to toggle from the SD outputs and HD inputs from the remote. On the Hughes box it is an action key sequence.

If this is not your issue please disregard, it was not clear from your post .

Regards,

Brian

Thanks

mycomik and btmoore

No, I do the "toggle all the time", mostly to remind myself how good digital component in looks. There just is no output on component. I just find that strange since the digital decoding must work since svid on OTA digitals works, however the 1080i output does not and it(the box) can only "downgrade" to SV and obviously not upgrade to HD(except for NTSC 420 to 1080). Cofuses me, would love to know the signal path--could be opamp at end stage or simple buffer amp in one of the RGB line causing the problem. I was just wondering if anyone else has seen something similar with the other hughes boixes or other STBS.

Confused

Bill

------------------

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.