AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My picture got suddenly darker, and periodically shifts greenish momentarily several times per minute. My research indicated this is the classic failure mode for the light generator (laser assembly). The part for the A91 is not officially listed as available anymore, but a polite email to Mits resulted in a phone call the next day. They located a light generator assembly and are giving it to me free ($2000 retail). My service shop just got it in. I still have to pay them $200+, but at least my TV should be good as new. I neglected to get the extended warranty.

The internal heat exchanger near the exhaust fan was completely clogged with dust, even though I kept the vent holes clean. I am certain this contributed to the failure. While the tech installs my part, I'll be installing air filter material to the chasis cover, that's for sure!

Did you folks know Mits has a standard buyback offer of $1000 for A91's?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just got a new A94, was wondering if it would be good to put filters on the intake vents as well. I noticed that the fans blow outward on the side, does this mean the vent on the back of the TV is for air intake? and where the filter should go?

Sorry to hear about your A91. I too want to take action to prevent dust buildup from killing the light engine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts