Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At $3000, wopuld you buy this set?

What is difference vs. new models (2002? Set back to default if something goes wrong in tweaking? More/less tweaks available? Anti-glare screen? Other? Thanks lots.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
At $3000. If it's new in the box and not a return or demo

is a real fair price for that set.

The Spot Forum above will be of great help.

·
Registered
255 Posts
If it helps at all, I recently purchased a Mitsubishi 63-907 (top of the line 73" w/9" guns - list $8k). I have since exchanged it for a Philips 55" 55PP9701 which I bought at Best Buy for $3400. The Philips set easily betters the Mitsubishi in terms of picture quality, colors and depth of image. It also has the added benefit of being able to accept an SVGA (600P) signal if you have a processor capable of doing so. This would enhance your non HDTV signals very nicely. In addition to all else, the footprint of the Philips is much smaller all the way around making for a less imposing "box". I would strongly urge you to take a look at one. I have been very surprised. There was an excellent review earlier this year where the reviewer purchased this set for himself. I now know why.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just bought a 65807 after months of religiously reading this forum as well as the Home Theater Spot's Mitsu forum (excellent forum - mandatory for a new Mitsu owner-also check out their Mitsubishi tweaks forum) - DaveRichardson's link above will take you there.

$3000 for a 65907 is much more than fair - I've never seen one anywhere close to that price and I've done a lot of shopping around. I'd love to know where you got that price. I paid $2999 for my 65807 (today!!) and I thought that was a great deal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.