AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After days of painful deliberation, I believe I have narrowed my first projection TV purchase to two models. The Mitsubishi WS55807 vs. Pioneer SD-532-HD5. I was unable to justify the price premium on the Diamond and Elite series. Sony was eliminated based on lack of inputs. Toshiba eliminated based on limited tweakability.

I could care less about the cabinet or speakers. I've been monitoring lists and reviews and feel stymied at this point. Experience and observations would be appreciated.

[This message has been edited by DenVogel (edited 05-18-2001).]

·
Registered
136 Posts
If your deciding on the ws-55807 mits. Spend a little more and get a better hdtv rptv. The ws-55857plat plus is definitely a better choice. It has more upgradable hookup for new things to come in the future. You might be kicking yourself later on. I would suggest to get a Mitsubishi product catalog year 2001. It will show you each and every model they have and what the back panel looks like.

------------------

PeterDz

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
For OTA and DBS viewing, the Pioneer has better stretch modes. That was my deciding factor.

------------------

Go Duke !

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
If you are using a HD STB (like DTC100) then when your are watching the OTA digital channels and DBS you won't be using your TV's stretch modes you'll be using the STB modes. I have a WS-55857 and a DTC100 and rarely use the TV's stretch modes. I agree with the previous recommendation for the 55857 over the 55807. Good luck.

Jay

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I have the current combo of a RCA DTC 100 and the Pioneer 53 and have been extremely happy up to this point. Just wish there was more HD programming available to enjoy. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on the rumored new Direct TV channel.

Can't really compare my TV to the Mits. Either way you go, I'm sure you will be very happy. Just don't stress yourself out over the two.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
You can use the STB's stretch modes, but I don't because the SD532's are superior to the 6000's. DNK about the DirectTV unit.

------------------

Go Duke !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.