AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any Mits owners help me out with this one?

I think I may have a problem with my WS65907 on the DTV input. Whenever there is an on-screen image that scrolls vertially, the image appears to "speed up" at the very top and bottom of the screen (say the upper and lower 1/5th of the screen), as if just those sections of the screen are being stretched vertically.

I thought I had noticed something when watch the old HDTV demo loop during the "Eco-Challenge" segment...whenever there was a shot that "flew" over the mountains (and the mountains scrolled vertically from top to bottom), the image appeared to "ripple" at the top and bottom of the screen. I thought maybe my eyes were playing a trick on me, but a friend of mine also noticed it. Also during the Sunday NFL games (don't get me started on the PQ of Sunday Ticket, that's another rant for another page), I notice that the yard lines didn't seem perfectly straight near the bottom of the screen. They seemed to have just a slight "bend" towards the bottom of the screen.

Then last night while watching Band of Brothers, I really noticed it when the credits ran at the end. The words came on the screen from the bottom real fast, then slowed down to a normal speed as they moved up the screen, then the went real fast off the top of the screen. I switched from HD mode to SD mode (which switches inputs from the 1080i Component Video "DTV Input" to the 480i S-Video "Input 2") and I did NOT have this issue...the words on the credits moved at the same speed across the entire screen.

For those that have the WS65907, what I'm seeing is similar to the "Stretched" format on a SD input, where just the left and right edges are stretched (ie. a stock ticker comes onto the screen fast, slows down to normal speed in the middle, then goes off the screen fast). It's doing the same type of thing on the HD input, only this appears to be a vertical stretch instead of a horizontal stretch.

Does anyone else notice the same thing, or is there something wrong with my TV?

Thanks!!

Marc

·
Registered
32 Posts
There is nothing wrong with your TV but it needs some adjusting. You could call a service tech or do it yourself. The best source for learning how to do this is to visit/join:
http://www.***************.com

Look in the Mits tweaks section under geometry (and probably overscan, too). You'll get lots of help there by posting in the Mits section. It is the best source of Mits info on the net.

(Not affiliated; just hooked on the site)

Mike...

------------------

Mike Saemisch

Visit our home theater here .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.