AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, Some of you have talked me into waiting and seriously considering the MITS 65813 RPTV when it comes out. THANKS

I will also be considering new progressive scan DVD-player and am wondering how well DVI will work with the MITS ?

Any one have any experience/insight/speculation how well one of the el cheapo DVD players (e.g. Bravo D1) with DVI out will work with the new MITs wrt PQ; say compared with component outputs from Sage/Faroudja-based or Silicon Image-based (or other de-interlacer?) DVD players to same RPTV ?

Not sure which forum this question should go in but since the primary search is the replacement big screen...

·
Premium Member
14,299 Posts
The true benefits of DVI are realized on digital display technologies. These players are not great at scaling to 1080i (Mits won't accept 720p, and other sets convert it to 1080i anyway adding yet another layer of convesion). 480p DVI will likely yield good results with the Mits, but the best bet is a DVD player with an excellent analog output (The best, IMO is with a Denon 3800). CRTs like the Mits must input analog RGB to the CRTs so DVI is converted back to analog anyway.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.