AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Mitsubishi WS-55805 16:9 HDTV has been acting up for a couple of weeks now, but tonight it has taken a turn for the worse:

http://www.donargo.com/ahdtv/Mitsu_WS-55805.jpg

The blue appears to bend inwards from all sides, and all images have a blue and yellow shadow. Does anyone have an idea what might be causing this, so I can describe the problem properly when I call to get quotes for service. Is this most likely a $500 repair, or a $2000 job? At some point I'm going to have to consider whether it's worth it to repair or replace. I have had it since December 1999.

Any input is appreciated!

Thanks!

Don

·
Registered
804 Posts
Looks like your convergence of your crts is wayyyy out of whack, did it just become like that, or was it gradual?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It flickered a few times over the last couple of weeks, and tonight it just flickered and then never looked back...

Don

·
Registered
124 Posts
Wow the only time I've seen my Mits (46805) that whacked out is when my PC is at the post screen.

I know my Mits offers advanced convergence (64-point) without accessing the service menu, and you may be able to improve the problem there if you have a bit of patience. I would give that a try if its an option with your set.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.