AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if I just got a set with a bad fan or what, but the cooling fan that runs 24/7 on my new 52525 is driving me crazy. I live in a 1-bedroom apartment, and have taken to closing my bedroom door just to keep the sound coming from my living room from keeping me awake. It's a fairly high pitched whine, not a whisper-like fan noise I'd expect from a piece of high end AV equipment.

I've read through at least 10 posts from various folks on the forum about this problem, but have yet to see anyone find a solution. They either report having a loud fan but learning to deal with it, or not finding it to be a problem... depending on the poster. The fans that come on when the TV is actually in use are much quieter than that single, constantly running one and don't bother me at all.

So, anyone come up with a solution for this problem? I would expect there to be some variation in the fans from unit to unit. Should I see about calling a tech for a replacement fan hoping I just got a poor fan? I LOVE the TV, but I'm not sure I can live with it if I can't find a solution that cuts the noise at least by half. I mean, I avoided a front projector in part because I thought quite a few had fans that were simply too noisy... but this makes most of the them sound like a library by comparison. :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.