Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I need your help.

I have a 55" Mitsu RPTV, model WS-55807. It is approximatey 5 years old. Recently whenever I turn it on, the geometry to bowed like a bananna. This lasts for anywhere from a few minutes to several hours. It always fixes itself and goes back to normal. This problem is on all inputs, with both cable and DVD.

Does anyone know what the problem could be?

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump. Does anyone know what the problem may be?

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
You will probably have to have Mitsu come and replace what ever part is failing since it does not sound like it being caused something simple like dust accumulation on the electronic circuity.

If you turn off the unit when it is working normally and turn it back on within a minute or two does it still take a long time to fix itself? If no then it fixes itself after the temperature and/or humidity inside the unit are at levels that prevent the failure.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks walford.

It appears that humidity may be the problem. The last 2 days have been less humid in Boston, and I have not had the problem. Strange, since my house is air-conditioned and I didn't think humidity would be a problem.

Has anyone else experienced humidity related problems?

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
Back when I was in High School I worked in a TV shop and one of the problems that could happen in those days was is that over time a lot of dust would collect inside the TVs due to the fact that they generate a lot of heat and the with increased humidity this would cause leakage of the high voltage circuit to the CRT. Cleaning out of the dust would fix the problem. So if you can remove the cover in the back and brush and vacuum out any dust it might help.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
You may have a converge board going out. Heat may straighten the board thus start working. I've read that instuctions for DIY's and the part may cost about $300...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.