AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has had the same experience. About 6 months ago i got a flashing message to change my bulb because the life time was expiring. The bulb was working fine at that point, so i figured why replace it. I reset the timer and have not had a problem for the last 6 months My timer after being reset is about 1/2-3/4 of the way again and i am still not having any issues with the bulb. Is it normal for the bulbs to last well beyond the life timer? I have it running on the standard setting, not the low level also.

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
Yes, lots of folks reset and keep using their lamps till they fail or explode. The reason for the timer is once they age to a certain point, the glass can fail and the high pressure vessel explode. Manufactures can only guess when this will happen and try and provide a wide safety margin. If you plan on keeping the unit, you would be wise to replace the lamp with an OEM unit for a major brightness upgrade! You may think it looks good, but it has dimmed over time and you will be very surprised by how much when you get a new OEM lamp (not a knockoff or compatible).

·
Registered
12,980 Posts
It may look good but I can guaranty you a new bulb will be 10 times brighter. I just saw the difference when my HC6500 lamp died at 2700hrs. Plus you risk the lamp exploding creating a big mess.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts