AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at picking up my first projector, and I've narrowed my choices down to these two.

I can get the HD1000 for about $929 and the AE900 for about $1099, but I haven't been able to find a comparison of the two, and have heard really good things about both.

Which one would you go with?

·
Banned
3,811 Posts
my buddy just got an ae900u and i must tell you i was VERY unimpressed with the image quality. pannasonic does something to make the SDE almost completely gone, but in doing so they make the image so soft it looks like ass!!! i would definitely go with the Mitsubishi HC1500 (that is the replacement to the HD1000U...same price same specs pretty much...only 100 more ansi on the 1500) than the panny any day of the week.

in my opinion, the panny ae900u makes 720p look like 480i...honestly the softening of the image is THAT BAD...i would not even consider it. just fyi..my InFocus IN72 kicked the panny's butt all day long and it was only 480p...much much sharper and better colours

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
I had the Panny and now with the HD1000u. gwlaw99 is right. The Panny gives you a lot more flexibility for installation and the SDE or softness do not bother me. However, my unit had VB, so it was a deal breaker. Strangely I recommended the same to my friend who loves his but does not have VB.

Also, the Panny hardly needs any tweaking but the HD1000u do. The latter is also a tad brighter and a slight better contrast.

BTW, for the prices you were quoted, you should go with the HC1500. As for the Panny, the ae900 is around for about 2 years. In PJ time, that is considered classic, though great product.

I still see slight RBE with the HD1000u but it's not a deal breaker. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.