AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mom recently bought a Mitsu LT-46153 and is exchanging it for the larger 52" model. It has the 16 speakers and sub. The picture quality is outstanding.

Anyways, I'll be buying a TV soon and was wondering if I should keep this one or the Vizio XVT472SV. I can't wait for the new model that's going to do VIA because I need to make a decision sooner than that.

The Vizio has 240hz vs the Mitsu's 120hz. The Mitsu comes with the higher quality sound and a sub, which is important because this isn't going to be my theater TV and I'm not going to be running sound through an external audio system. The Vizio is also LED backlit.

Which should I do? I'm getting a deal on the Mitsu should I choose to purchase it at 1300 which makes the two TVs the same price. Apparently this line of Mitsus was produced to compare to the Samsung LED TVs despite it's lack of LED backlighting and 120hz. I have to say, the picture is outstanding on the Mitsu.

What would you do?

·
Registered
8,500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SXRDpwnz /forum/post/18220883

My mom recently bought a Mitsu LT-46153 and is exchanging it for the larger 52" model. It has the 16 speakers and sub. The picture quality is outstanding.

Anyways, I'll be buying a TV soon and was wondering if I should keep this one or the Vizio XVT472SV. I can't wait for the new model that's going to do VIA because I need to make a decision sooner than that.

The Vizio has 240hz vs the Mitsu's 120hz. The Mitsu comes with the higher quality sound and a sub, which is important because this isn't going to be my theater TV and I'm not going to be running sound through an external audio system. The Vizio is also LED backlit.

Which should I do? I'm getting a deal on the Mitsu should I choose to purchase it at 1300 which makes the two TVs the same price. Apparently this line of Mitsus was produced to compare to the Samsung LED TVs despite it's lack of LED backlighting and 120hz. I have to say, the picture is outstanding on the Mitsu.

What would you do?

Mitsubishi is the least reliable LCD according to Consumer Reports. Based on surveys completed by 118,700 LCD owners, 11% of Mitsubishi LCDs purchased between 2006 and mid-2009 needed repairs.

This compares to 2% for Sony and Panasonic, 3% for Sharp, Samsung, Vizio, and 4% for Toshiba, and LG.

If sound is important, people seem to like the Vizio soundbar and sub.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts