AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else worry about the purchases we made a few years ago. I have a 65" Mitsu, and the Mitsu STB. WE do not have DVI or Firewire. The promise module is the whole reason I went with Mitsu, but can anyone tell me what to do if DVI becomes the standard? I know we hear a lot of talk on this, but what does the future hold for us early Mitsu adopters? I love the picture, and compared to all of my HDTV friends, I think I do have a better picture, but I am a little worried.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jbabbitt
Does anyone else worry about the purchases we made a few years ago. I have a 65" Mitsu, and the Mitsu STB. WE do not have DVI or Firewire. The promise module is the whole reason I went with Mitsu, but can anyone tell me what to do if DVI becomes the standard? I know we hear a lot of talk on this, but what does the future hold for us early Mitsu adopters? I love the picture, and compared to all of my HDTV friends, I think I do have a better picture, but I am a little worried.
Except for the ability to record, would we be losing anything if the standard becomes DVI? I thought we would still be able to VIEW everything as is, but lose the ability to record (which I don't do anyway).

Please explain exactly what DVI or firewire would do? Would it mean we can't view an HDTV over the air broadcast in 1080i?

Eric

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.