AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my Mitsubishi WS-55805 serviced back in April 2001. At that time I had the calibration performed while the DTC-100 was set to use the LONG RETRACE (VESA) setting. While the picture is stunning, everything in HD mode looks slightly skinnier than it should. Regular DirecTV channels are fine.

Now that I've read through forum posts and poked around in the menus, I see that I should be using SHORT RETRACE (770.3), as that's designed for systems that connect with component inputs. When I change to that setting, and restart the receiver as instructed, the screen seems to be at the proper ratio and everyone looks correct. However, the colors fade and grow stronger as characters move around on the screen. The biggest culprit is Jay Leno. As he's delivering the monologue, if he steps forward slightly the set changes colors, and changes back as he returns to where he was. I've noticed it on ABC and CBS shows as well, and setting the retrace timing back to LONG will correct this.

Will another visit from the technician to calibrate the signals fix this, or is this a problem with the DTC-100? My instinct says another calibration can fix it, but just want to do a sanity check (and wallet check) before I call a technician.

Thanks for you input!

------------------

E. Donald Argo, MCSE+I

HDTV: RCA DTC-100 / Mitsubishi WS-55805

TIVO1: Sony SAT-T60 @ 88hrs [2.5]

TIVO2: Sony SAT-T60 @ 35hrs [2.5]

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Problem solved. See this post...

------------------