Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is strange.

I have had this TV for around a month now and the wife called twice tonight saying that the TV shut off while watching a movie. The power light blinks for about 45 seconds then she is able to power up and continue. Anyone ever heard of this before?

·
Registered
638 Posts
I think I read something about it over on the home theater spot and maybe even about someone fixing it on there own, but I don't recall the specifics.

Please post back here when you diagnose and then repair the problem.

jb

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It did it a third time according to the wife.

I dug up the PDF and it says to hit the system reset button, and if it happens frequently to "obtain a line conditioner/surge protector" as the TV is shutting itself down to protect from power surges.

Thing is, I already have a conditioner that indicates that Ground is OK and clean power is on.

Very strange.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Yeah, I vaguely recall some faulty inexpensive part, but check out that mits section on the home theater spot. ***************.com.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I have registered over there, however the search doesnt return results for ANY query I run. I posted a similar thread over there.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One good piece of news...I reset the powerbar and the shutdown hasn't happened since. Hopefully this was just a fluke.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I got my new 65813 on Oct 2 and that first day, while I was playing with it, I had a mysterious shutdown. We went into the sleep timer menu and it was turned on. I turned it off and haven't had any recurrence.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, thanks for the great responses everyone. If it shuts down again I will give a call.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.