AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I few inches into the left side of my 42" RPTV there is a shading that looks as if there is a tea stain on the screen! This slightly darker display carries over with somewhat less coloration, left to right, for the rest of the display, until the rightmost few inches, after which the display returns to normal, just like the left side.

The attached photo shows the shading on a blue image. Is this an example of burn-in? Can I treat this? The stain looks like something I could get rid of by removing the screen and using an industrial cleaner on the inside! It is an annoyance and the image definitely suffers compared to my pristine WS-65813.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Looks like burn-in to me. Burn-in does not actually burn the screen but rather the phosphors on the guns themselves. Really there is no fix, sorry. I use a stretch mode for all my sd viewing and now that you've seen burn-in 1st hand, i hope you'll stretch 4:3 on your 65813. Sorry again for the bad news.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bummer about the burn-in. It's my Mom's TV. Wonder how long a burn-in takes to occur.

Thanks, although when I press the FORMAT button on the Mits remote, only the subchannels go to stretch mode.

It thinks the main channels are HD, and of course I don't want to stretch the HD signals. I suppose if I know I am going to watch a 4:3 program for a while I would want to press FORMAT.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.