AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From what I have read here, the 2004 Mits are going to be sure to please those who are receiving HDTV signals. I really like the new Smartcard feature too.

I am, however, concerned about viewing SD signals from DirecTV. I have read about the new Stretch Plus feature. Since I watch about 30% of DirecTV's regular signal programming, what should I expect these channels to look like in terms of quality. Seems like some are not to pleased with the 2003 models image quality on SD channels. I viewed a couple of 2003 models here in New Orleans that may have not been set up properly and the image on one Diamond set in particular (local OTA SD signal) wasn't very good at all. Others that were in stretch mode were like watching images that were processed with a waffle maker (very pancaked). I don't want to fork over $7000 for the new 73713 and not be happy with it.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Looking at the specs it seems the 65813 and 73713 feature identical CRT's and optics, as well as focus features. They should provide fantastic performance in all supported resolutions. I would definately take a look at one in person before I bought one, that's the only way you can be sure you will like their SDTV performance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.