AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently debating between these two models, 55615-55815. After looking at the specs. on Mit's. web site, I am having a hard time justifying the MSRP difference of $1500. Can someone enlighten me on their main differences or advantages? Thanks, I don't want to make the wrong decision.

Rob

·
Registered
109 Posts
Navigating the Mitsubishi site to get information on their Televisions is more difficult than it needs to be, but if I read it correctly a huge difference is that the 55815 appears to have 9" CRT guns capable of displaying the full 1080i resolution. That in itself is worth the extra money.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi all,

Anyone else have an opinion? I need to make a decision in a few days. There's a PDF file with the spec. on both sets at Mit's. web site if that helps. Thanks again.

Rob

·
Registered
305 Posts
I just downloaded the owner's guide to the 2005 Diamond Series WS-65815 RPTV from the web site:

2005 Mitsubishi Diamond Owner's Guide

This just showed up in the last 12 hrs or so.

There is only one reference to upconversion:

Quote:
Fully Integrated HDTV

This HDTV can receive all approved terrestrial broadcast digital signals, non-scrambled digital cable signals, terrestrial analog signals and non-scrambled analog cable signals that use a standard offset carrier system. Your TV will display all signals as 1080i True HDTVâ„¢.
As I see it, it only refers to upconversion from the internal tuners.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.