AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at the Mitsubishi Plat. Plus Series. The dealer has the 2001 model (55857) and the 2002 model (55819). Which one is better? The only difference I see is that the older 55857 has a 5 element lens verses the newer 55819 with 4 element.

Also, is there a better 55-57" out there?

Thanks.

·
Registered
461 Posts
The Diamond is suppose to have smaller pixels for better definition, but the Platinium has last years model. I think I have that right. Can anyone confirm. Also try doing a search and I am sure you can find a ton of information. Another thing Mitsu promises upgrade for firewire.

------------------

Laugh it up fuzzball!!!

·
Registered
267 Posts
If you are looking for something to compare the Mits to, check out the new Toshiba 57H81 and 57HX81. The 57H81 has been out for a few weeks now and the reports are very good. I have seen several in showrooms and considering that they were display sets, I was also impressed. I thought they looked better out of the box than the Mits Platinum and Platimun Plus models. The Tosh sets certainly don't have red push anywhere near what the Mits have and I think the zoom, stretch and expands modes on the Tosh are also better. The 57HX81 was officially released on 9/1, so I haven't actually seen one yet.

Keep in mind that these were display models that had not been calibrated. I was able to play with the picture and display settings, but that is not the same thing as having a qualified professional calibrate your set.

------------------

Dan Driscoll

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.