AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2-3 month old 65" mitsu dlp. I noticed about a week ago that i have a dead pixel. I call mistu about the problem, they ask me to send them pictures. I do as they ask then they call me back a couple days later to tell me " on page 26 of your owners manual read paragraph 2a. at the bottom of the page." It states "

2. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER:

a. Up to .01% pixel outages (small dot picture elements that are dark or incorrectly illuminated"

So they are saying that it is perfectly fine for a display to have 207 or less pixels dead. That equates to about a 3/8" square blank your screen. What a crock of ****. That is not acceptable to me I assume any consumer would agree. So needless to say this thing is getting returned or sold asap.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotthulbs /forum/post/16996251

So I have a 2-3 month old 65" mitsu dlp. I noticed about a week ago that i have a dead pixel. I call mistu about the problem, they ask me to send them pictures. I do as they ask then they call me back a couple days later to tell me " on page 26 of your owners manual read paragraph 2a. at the bottom of the page." It states "

2. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER:

a. Up to .01% pixel outages (small dot picture elements that are dark or incorrectly illuminated"

So they are saying that it is perfectly fine for a display to have 207 or less pixels dead. That equates to about a 3/8" square blank your screen. What a crock of ****. That is not acceptable to me I assume any consumer would agree. So needless to say this thing is getting returned or sold asap.

I thought I had a dead pixel once.

It ended up being a piece of dust on the back of the screen.

I tapped on the screen gently and it fell off.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a definitely a dead pixel, I wish it were just dust. Depending on the source its not bad but anything that isn't dark it sticks out like a sore thumb. If I didn't know it was there it wouldn't be as bad. Knowing its there makes it magnet to my eyes

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
That sucks a$$. I would hate to be stuck with a set with any amount of noticeable dead pixels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts