AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I know I know, this TV is a dinosaur. This was the first tv I ever bought and is still the centerpiece of the living room. I would hate to have to get rid of it.... well would hate to spend the money and upgrade to a nice big DLP.

Over the past few weeks it is acting really strange, mostly right when I turn it on. The screen will concave in on the top and bottom (with some rainbow of colors) and the entire picture is fuzzy and colors messed up. Almost looks like a sideways hourglass but not that dramatic. The concaves are maybe a couple inches from the top and bottom. (does this make sense?)

Once the tv seems to warm up after 5 minutes or so, the picture will return to normal. It started doing this just for a few seconds, but now seems to last longer and longer.

Anyone know what the issue could be? Is it worth getting such an old tv repaired? Thanks for any advice!!

Scott

·
Registered
5,001 Posts
Do a search for convergence. $400 repair or DIY see link in my signature

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.