AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I know that most of you probly have an awesome receiver or something that controls all the levels of your audio perfectly. But alas, I am still in school and I spent... pretty much all the money on my Mitsubishi 65837 65" DLP TV.

So I wanted to stop by and ask a question. I don't know what you call this cause I am still an AV noob. But what can you do to prevent those massive surges of sound? Like when you are watching a horror movie or something, and it is very quiet. Then all the sudden a monster jumps out and its so loud you can't even hear yourself think. I'm not concerned about it startling me, I'm just tired of that. Its really bad when you are watching something on TV, then all the sudden a commercial comes on.

They seem to think that if they blast you with sound, you will become interested and buy their product. This is bothersome to me. I want to get it under control. How can I go about doing this? I want to be able to hear the quiet ambience in my horror/sci fi/action flicks without having all the windows in my house broken and my eardrums busted, once the action starts.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! Man I hope congress gets that passed. Its very annoying to us adults that don't need to have our wigs blown off every time some gimmick comes on a commercial.

But man, I seem to remember hearing stuff about this feature being built into higher end TVs, back in the early 2000's. Was this never a feature of any TV? My grandfather got some big bad new TV back in '01, and I coulda swore I heard him and others talking about how that was a nice feature.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.