AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a mitsubishi dlp tv. Recently after watching tv it will turn off automatically and the green light on the front will blink. Using the remote I used the code Menu+ 3564 and it lamp codes and whether or not an issue occurred. It listed code 34, lamp abnormality, does this mean I need to purchase a new lamp? I removed the old one which had alot of dust build up, didnt know if that may help. I cant find anything thru google that would help explain what a lamp abnormality is. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
6,020 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcglynnXS /forum/post/20821590

I have a mitsubishi dlp tv. Recently after watching tv it will turn off automatically and the green light on the front will blink. Using the remote I used the code Menu+ 3564 and it lamp codes and whether or not an issue occurred. It listed code 34, lamp abnormality, does this mean I need to purchase a new lamp? I removed the old one which had alot of dust build up, didnt know if that may help. I cant find anything thru google that would help explain what a lamp abnormality is. Thanks in advance

From the manual
Quote:
TV turned itself off and the light on the front panel started to blink.

• Momentary power fluctuation caused the TV to turn off to prevent damage. Wait for the green light to stop flashing and turn the TV on again.

• If the TV does not stay on, press the POWER button on the control panel for at least eight seconds to perform System Reset.

• If this happens frequently, obtain an AC line power conditioner/surge protector.

• An unusual digital signal may have been received, triggering a protection circuit. Wait for the light to stop flashing and turn TV on.

Also, there is a software upgrade available http://support.mitsubishi-tv.com/documents/WD-73C9

Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.