AVS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was the first customer(?) invited to see the new 92" DLP at Wilshire Home Electronics. It certainly is big and the picture was bright enough. There was a big glare from the front door reflection directly in front of the TV. Unfortunatelly 3D was not hooked up so I will visit again later. $6,000 for 10" more (I have the 82") will need more thought.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSX1992 /forum/post/20898359

I was the first customer(?) invited to see the new 92" DLP at Wilshire Home Electronics. It certainly is big and the picture was bright enough. There was a big glare from the front door reflection directly in front of the TV. Unfortunatelly 3D was not hooked up so I will visit again later. $6,000 for 10" more (I have the 82") will need more thought.

I'm also interested in the 92", and it does seem like a big jump in price.

Is the 92" only available in one model which was the added expense of a better built in audio system?

Do you think the 92 is a bright as the 82?

How does the brightness of the 82 hold up in your application?

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 92" is only available with all the speakers (high end). Because the screen is a different material the picture is supposed to be clearer and brighter but prone to more reflection. I have my 82" brightness set to brilliant because of 3D (lamp lasted less than one year). The 92" appeared to be as bright.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ordered the big one last night as I got a pretty good deal from Willshire based on lower internet prices. Now for the one to two week wait giving me time to expand my oak entertainment cabinet for the third time.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSX1992 /forum/post/20959826

I ordered the big one last night as I got a pretty good deal from Willshire based on lower internet prices. Now for the one to two week wait giving me time to expand my oak entertainment cabinet for the third time.

Price? Link or some other lead?

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Amazon had a low price of $4,800 a few days ago but yesterday it was $5,100. Willshire Home Entertainment is a local dealer in Thousand Oaks,CA

·
Registered
318 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSX1992 /forum/post/20966050

Amazon had a low price of $4,800 a few days ago but yesterday it was $5,100. Willshire Home Entertainment is a local dealer in Thousand Oaks,CA

92 inchers showing up at Fry's. Apparently they have decided to carry the new line but the rumor is that they might not display all of them and will likely carry only the diamond line. Still their prices should compete. Also, bb (in the Magnolia website) will carry three new Mits. Rumor has it that Magnolia will sell them but NOT display them.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just picked up the Xpand X103 glasses for use with my WD92840 and they are causing eye strain after just a couple of minutes for both my wife and I. I used the automatic setting for 3D. I'm viewing the latest Narnia 3d movie on a Sony BDP-S780 player. What settings are others using to watch comfortably?

·
Registered
407 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by temitch /forum/post/20971090

I just picked up the Xpand X103 glasses for use with my WD92840 and they are causing eye strain after just a couple of minutes for both my wife and I. I used the automatic setting for 3D. I'm viewing the latest Narnia 3d movie on a Sony BDP-S780 player. What settings are others using to watch comfortably?

There's a chance you had the 3D setting wrong - try setting the DLP 3D mode to reverse and see if that fixes your issue.

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
I just saw it at the HH Gregg store in downtown Fort Lauderdale, and they're selling it for around $4600.

·
Registered
323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy1 /forum/post/20977547

I just saw it at the HH Gregg store in downtown Fort Lauderdale, and they're selling it for around $4600.

It looks like these stores are popping up all over South Florida. I have one about three miles from my house in Pembroke Pines. That's a good thing. It will give us more room to bring prices down when other stores like BrandsMart and Best Buy are trying to beat the other's prices.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
We've had HH Gregg in Ohio for years now. They are Negotiable on their prices big time...!!!

Just an FYI

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My dealer informed that the 92" I ordered two weeks ago has been delayed 4-6 weeks as the factory is not in production due to parts shortage (tsunami).I have already expanded my entertainment center to accomadate the bigger size and was very disapointed. But he informed me I could have their display model which I gladly accepted. They will deliver tomorrow but I will only have one day to enjoy it before my one week quad trip to Utah.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Received my 92" DLP yesterday afternoon. It certainly is big and fits perfectly in my expanded entertainment center. The screen is very reflective but at night there is no glare and the new clear screen allows more light and color for an excellent picture.

I had one real scare as I could not get 3D to work but a call to the dealer solved the problem. The new sets have the adaptor and emiitter built in and I was routing the signal through my old adaptor confusing the TV. The menu allows automatic sensing of the 3D signal and also you can choose TB,SBS or checkerboard. You can also enable and disable the internal emitter, external emitter and DLP(light). I used the my external emitter which allows my using my old 5 pair of glasses.

I'll have more when I return from my one week quad trip to Utah.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Thanks for the review. How's the viewing during the day on the Mitsubishi? The way I understand it from your review is the TV gives an improved picture at night, but the improvements to picture quality during the day makes the tv unwatchable to a trained eye?

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am back from my vacation and am using the TV all day mainly as my computer monitor. Yes there is glare when my drapes are open and I am typing but I don't notice it. The picture is still bright and clear. I have not changed one picture setting yet as I am busy trying to catch up(today I will watch my 3D videos from my trip). Last night watched a bluray movie and it was just like being in a theater(but more comfortable). For the last two days I had a fly flying around inside the TV as you could see his image about 2" long on the screen. I removed the light bulb but it did not help. Currently he is gone hopefully dead.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSX1992 /forum/post/21080470

I am back from my vacation and am using the TV all day mainly as my computer monitor. Yes there is glare when my drapes are open and I am typing but I don't notice it. The picture is still bright and clear. I have not changed one picture setting yet as I am busy trying to catch up(today I will watch my 3D videos from my trip). Last night watched a bluray movie and it was just like being in a theater(but more comfortable). For the last two days I had a fly flying around inside the TV as you could see his image about 2" long on the screen. I removed the light bulb but it did not help. Currently he is gone hopefully dead.

Wow! That had to be annoying.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts