AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on a Mitsubish VS-50VF2 and I'm trying to remove the anti glare screen, the outer protective layer. The TV is very old, but still functioning and the protective screen is very scratched. I am aware that this will leave the main screen to be possibly damaged, but as of now the TV is virtually unwatchable.

I know this is a very old TV, but I'm hoping it's removal is close to that of the newer models. I have removed the speaker cover, the button control bar and have removed the screen from TV and have it sitting on the floor. The only problem is that I can't figure out how to seperate the plastic protective screen from the actual screen.

Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Alright, apparently that just isn't a protective screen.

We finally got it removed, but I guess it's necessary for the proper function of the TV. From my searching, it looks like it's called a lenticular screen. Is there anywhere we can buy one of these? Are they universal, for example, can I use a lenticular screen off another brand and just cut it to fit?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.