AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have permission from the boss (my wife) to purchase an new RPTV... I have been lurking on the forum for a while and as a result of all the discussion, research and searching previous threads have narrowed my search to the following (not necessarily in this order):

Mitsubishi Platinum/Diamond 511/711

Hitatchi SWX/XWX

Pioneer Elite x20

Are the peformance differences between the Platinum and Diamond Mitsubishi's significant?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Have you considered the x30's? Although I have not compared the 20's to the 30's myself. My dealer says they are noticeably better. In most cases I've seen on the net, there is usually about $500 or less difference b/w the 20's and 30's. I'm probably going to get the 730, but I really wish I could see the Mits 65711 beforehand, just to make sure.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Before I purchased my 530 I was able to spend some time with the 730 sitting next to a 65711. They were close but I thought the Pioneer came out on top. I also wanted DVI as most of the STB's out these days have DVI.

·
Premium Member
14,299 Posts
In the past, the performance difference between Mits lines have not been great (especially after calibration). My 2000 Platinum fully calibrated looks much better than my dealers Diamonds (partially calibrated...but not fully tweaked like mine). Generally, the higher up in the line...the better the edge focus. For tweakers, you can get a lower overscan with the higher end Mits sets.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.