AVS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
don't know if it's the same type of tech as my old Sony SXRD, but, it looks like a failing Optical Block rearing it's ugly head. or whatever the DLP term is. had that tv for 10 + years before going 4K to replace it.

i'm sure someone with a Mitsi DLP that has experienced that will be along shortly. best of luck

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
don't know if it's the same type of tech as my old Sony SXRD, but, it looks like a failing Optical Block rearing it's ugly head. or whatever the DLP term is. had that tv for 10 + years before going 4K to replace it.

i'm sure someone with a Mitsi DLP that has experienced that will be along shortly. best of luck
Digital Light Processing >>>>D L P, developed by Texas Instruments, check:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Light_Processing

·
Registered
986 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
d u l y n o t e d
in the Sony SXRD's, when the Optical Block began to fail, you knew it because you started getting yellow/greenish blobs on the screen. i had the OB replaced in my old SXRD 3 times and the 3rd time was the charm as it lasted 10 years till i sold it last year when i got my 4K tv and being in touch with the purchaser, it's still working like a charm! ;)

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Can someone please tell me what these yellow blotches are on my Mitsubishi DLP?
My humble suggestion is to VERY carefully remove the back cover. Hopefully you have a cordless screwdriver that will make the task a lot easier. Then check for spider webs. If so, again VERY carefully use the vacuum cleaner narrow spacer attachment to remove then. Once more make sure to avoid any contact or you will do some scratching damage.
Good luck

·
Registered
986 Posts
also, when was the last time you changed the lamp?

·
Registered
986 Posts
:eek: :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My humble suggestion is to VERY carefully remove the back cover. Hopefully you have a cordless screwdriver that will make the task a lot easier. Then check for spider webs. If so, again VERY carefully use the vacuum cleaner narrow spacer attachment to remove then. Once more make sure to avoid any contact or you will do some scratching damage.
Good luck

i did this a few weeks ago :(

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
in the Sony SXRD's, when the Optical Block began to fail, you knew it because you started getting yellow/greenish blobs on the screen. i had the OB replaced in my old SXRD 3 times and the 3rd time was the charm as it lasted 10 years till i sold it last year when i got my 4K tv and being in touch with the purchaser, it's still working like a charm! ;)
thank you..ill do a search and see if mine has that..hopefully someone familiar with DLP recognizes this

1 - 15 of 15 Posts