AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have some calibration advice for the HC1500? I've got it displayed on a white painted wall at 153 inches. Looks great, but I want to know some good calibration settings for it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
-2 Sharpness turns it off.

Low lamp mode

Cinema

User Temperature - tweak as needed with DVE (never tried Avia) I think I left mine at all zeros cuz I couldn't tweak to get the green perfect. Red and Blue were perfect out of the box. (Medium color temperature looked the most accurate besides User)

Color - 0

Dynamic Color Feature - forget what it's called - 0

Brightness & Contrast - Tweak as needed

Overscan should be 100%

Basically turn all enhancement features off and calibrate from there.

·
Registered
103 Posts
All good advice above ^^^^^^

I found that the warm color setting is more accurate, but after using a Eye-One D2 colorimeter with the free HCFR software I could get the user color temp a little better for gray-scale tracking.

I used to go into Best-Buy and wonder when I'd get a killer HD TV like all they have on display, but now when I go in there now, I see that the displays all have white crush and are oversaturated and and don't compare with my calibrated HC1500.

There is a LOT of info here on setting up a Mits HC1500/HD1000. Check it out , 'cause when they're good, they're really good!

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
SSPC v1.2 is now available for Download. v1.2 is the first version that has several PQ controls on one page for easy projector/display calibration.

NOTE: SSPC was developed and tested on Windows XP (Support for Vista is not confirmed).

v1.2 - 01/27/2008

+Added Internal PQ Calibration Control Support for Mitsubishi Projectors (tested on HC3000, HC4900*).

+Added Serial Communication Error Handling

+Several Internal Code Changes.

*HC1500, HC5000 and HC6000 should work as well (and other Mitsubishi Models or Projectors that support their Serial Codes).

Download Link is available HERE IN THIS THREAD :

Enjoy

-Shawn

·
Registered
10 Posts
does anyone have any advice about connecting a laptop/htpc to this projector? i know the projector has a native resolution of 1280x720.

my laptop didnt have that option so i got omega drivers just so my laptop would output this resolution but its a bit fuzzy... almost like i need to hit "auto adjust" to make it clear up for the first time. its just just too bad there is no "auto adjust" feature on the projector.

oh and i can connect this same laptop to my samsung 1080p lcd and it looks correct. is it possible that its just the laptop doesnt like to output this resolution?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts