AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having trouble with my HC1500 because whenever I hook it up to my up converting DVD player i have to turn up the brightness to around +14 to see all the details. But when I hook it up to my HTPC I can turn it down to about +3 and till be ok. What settings are you guys using on your HC1500?

I am projecting onto a white drywall so I know that will effect it some but just as a reference, what settings should I use?

Any other settings I should change?

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
 http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1055906

Greetings

Read the above thread on the usefulness of copying numbers.

You should get a test disc and follow the instructions and they will lead you to the best settings for your TV under your conditions ... which are different from everyone else.

regards

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i ran a dvd thx disc using Power DVD on my pc but the brightness and contrast seems to be alot different when I am watching a regular dvd and some other HD material using VLC or Windows Media Classic. Is this because of the source?

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

Different playback programs have different video levels. Too bad the stuff is not standardized ... but that is life.

THX optimodes are better than nothing, but they were never intended to replace real test discs. They have limitations and the mode can be different from one disc to another because they are geared for the movie that comes on the same disc ... not all your other movies too.

Regards

1 - 4 of 4 Posts