AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mitsubishi will present it's new flagship projector the Mitsubishi HC3000 at the IFA in Germany. AFAIK it has a 6 segment colorwheel, 4k:1 on/off and a 1280x768 DLP. Has anyone more informations about this projector?

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
drpp

I think it will be a value dlp and not a flagship.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is the press release from Mitsubishi:

http://www.projektoren-datenbank.com...fa-2005-de.pdf

Well let's see what the price point of this projector is and if it uses a RGBRGB colorwheel or BrilliantColor... Interestingly they talk about their a new top product and at least by numbers (2000 vs 3000) that makes sense ;)

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
Someone posted MSRP 3000 euro.

The 1280x768 dmd speaks value. I also think it is just DarkChip2.

·
Registered
367 Posts
According to the press, HC3000 has RGBRGB color wheel, this indicates that:

1. Mitsubishi chose to use DDP1010 controller, and not wait for the newer DDP3020 which has Brilliant Color feature, for quicker schedule and possibly a Q4 sales.

2. Since the DMD size is similar to HC900's 1024x576 DMD, I'm guessing they are sharing the same engine and even ID, HC900 already claims 4000:1, so it's natural that HC3000 is 4000:1. The IRIS is controllable from the remote.

I'm surprised that they set MSRP $3000, it's actually not that much different from MT700/PE7700. $300-$500 cheaper, but it's 0.65" DMD vs. 0.78" DMD and MT700/PE7700 have been out for a while since Q2. So one would have to question Mitsubishi, without the touting Brilliant color, and with a high MSRP, what does Mitsubishi expect from this HC3000?

On a side note, since there isn't any new progress on 576p technology, the HC910 is more likely a slightly updated HC900, or merely just refresh the model without too much changes (maybe a lower price?)

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
TzungILin

Is ddp 3020 and 1280x768 not ready until 2006?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Dear Ohlson,

There will be companies rolling out WXGA with DDP3020 at the end of this year.

The main benefit is of course, the Brilliant Color. Since DDP3020 can also control Dynamic Black, advanced WXGA models may also benefit from this. But I would guess most companies will treat WXGA as low cost answer to 720p LCD, adding Dynamic Black will add cost.

·
Registered
315 Posts
the HC910 will not have the Iris feature.

In the good news:

it still has 4k:1 CR

no more DVI but it will have HDMI

Noise down to 26dB

Lower price than HC900 (here in France we can still get the 900 for 1890€, the 910 is in pre-orders for 1790€)

To me the HC910 will be an excellent value DLP. The HC900 already has an excellent reputation for color quality, CR, optics and jutter free pans.

Pierre

·
Registered
23,188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzungILin
The main benefit is of course, the Brilliant Color.
Have you seen the Brilliant Color? Do you consider it a big improvement? Is it one that videophiles would appreciate and not a deviation from color standards that would mostly be appreciated by those looking for over-the-top colors (kind of like displays being set to as bright as possible in stores because they sell better that way)?

--Darin

·
Registered
43 Posts
The "brilliant color" color wheel has 6 different colors. Does it mean it is 2x, and not like the RGBRGB color wheel which is 4X?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
TsungILin,

are sure the Mitsubishi does not use Brilliant Colour? Actually I still think this could be a BC unit, unless of course your are correct with the controller...

Asterix,

if this would mean 2x and what this will do for RBE remains to be seen. The only Brilliant Color Projector I know which is already anouced is the new LG flat projector, that means if the claims of a german magazine that it is Brilliant Color are correct. Strangely LG does not mention this in the specsheets...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.