AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have the Mitsubishi HD4000U. Bought it about 5 months ago, for less than $2000. It's original price being $3995. Depending on what you are going to use it for, (You did not say), It can be used as a business projector or home theatre projector. I watch a lot of DVD's with it. I have it set up about 15 feet from a 106" Draper screen. It is listed as 2000 lumans. (plenty bright for me). It projects a great picture. It's a 720P projector, and When I put it through Dish network's High Definition for ESPN, HBO, HDNET movies or Network sports it really shines. I owned a Sharp 2500 projector and payed $2400. for it about a year ago, and it doesn't even come close to this projector.

Hope this helps you in some way.

·
Registered
7,140 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtvpros /forum/post/0

I did a search and no luck and also went back 10pages and could not find anything on the 4000U.

What is your experiences with this projector?

Evan over at PC provides a review. The 4000 is primarily a high lumen wide screen presentation PJ. Crippled by its 2x color wheel and it's >$3k price ($3995 MSRP) it's unlikely to show up on this forum. It's also in the shadow of several 720p PJs well suited for home theater in the $1k to 1.5K range.

·
Registered
24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMRA /forum/post/0

Evan over at PC provides a review. The 4000 is primarily a high lumen wide screen presentation PJ. Crippled by its 2x color wheel and it's >$3k price ($3995 MSRP) it's unlikely to show up on this forum. It's also in the shadow of several 720p PJs well suited for home theater in the $1k to 1.5K range.

I own this projector, and use it everyday. With my eyes, it is not crippled by it's 2x color wheel, and it does not cost $3K. I purchased it for $1700. There is several places you can get it on line for this amount.

Don't take this the wrong way, but Evan at PC, I normally agree with, But not this time. They are not always right about every projector they review. Ask the sony PEARL owners about that one.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
HC = high contrast

HD = bright

WD = really bright

Since I don't have ambient light issues, the HC are the only models I would prefer, and the HC3100U, whenever it comes around, due to best contrast among the Mitsu models and likely best balanced color wheel for D65 accuracy.

But as noted by owners, it would seem a sufficiently competent performer. It's just whether or not it is the best option for the price for your requirements.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.