AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I was recently over a friend's house and he was throwing out a Mitsubishi LT-3780 LCD TV with Media Center. He got it from a friend but couldn't get any display on the screen. Of course, I took it off his hands.

There's a media center box that controls the power switching and input selection of the monitor, as well as providing the AV inputs and outputs to the monitor. I have the monitor, which turns on and displays only a black screen, and a media center, which turns on and has working LEDs. I have the power cables for each, and a single DB-25 "MonitorLink" cable, which apparently signals the power switching and input selection.

According to the manual, I am missing the MonitorLink AV Output cord, which appears to be a normal HDMI cable. Is this so? I'm assuming it's what sends all the audio/video to the monitor. I am also missing the remote control.

So far, both components seem to be powering up fine. This seems like a pretty high-end system ($5,000 or so in 2005), so I'm not sure why the original owner gave it away...

Any info on these devices?

Thanks,

Nick

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I tried an HDMI cable, but the screen kept flashing every 5 seconds or so, and the audio would pop with each flash. I have a feeling the media center is bad.

I hooked up my PC with HDMI output to the screen directly and it works flawlessly, even sending audio to the built-in speakers. I haven't tried sending video via VGA as I don't have a cable, but I'm assuming its working fine.

I'd imagine it's quite hard to find the media center portion of this display, but I wonder if there are any media center products out there that will output in HDMI, but upconvert S-Video, Component and Composite, and act as a switch between the inputs.

I have Harman Kardon AVR235, but it doesn't support HDMI nor upconversion. Maybe a newer AVR might be a good choice to manage the inputs?

-Nick

1 - 2 of 2 Posts