AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there know anything about this front projection CRT unit?

Just picked it up at that huge bidspotter auction. Can't seem to find anything on Mits' web site but thought a few of you seasoned pros may have come across it. Any tech info would be helpful.

The model number again is MDL V5-1280

Thanks,

Jim

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
I don't know anything about them, but how di you do on the auction? How were the prices.

I have a vs-1281 on the way to me, I hear they are good pj's but I won't know until I get it and find a way to control it.

Troy

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Jim,

Give us a report on the auction.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
INSANE!!!!!

Lots of bidders. 50" plasma's for about $3k

Bids go fast, before you know it you've won (oh oh)! Nothing like bidding on e-bay. Just like being there live.

Jim

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
I don't think many of us care what the plasmas sold for. :)

What did the crt's sell for, that is what we want to hear... Cmon spill it!

Troy

·
Registered
596 Posts
Hey Jim,

I have 2 VS-1280's at the moment....They're good machines!

Shoot me an email if you have any questions on it.....

Drew [email protected]

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here are some prelim auction prices

NEC XG1350 $2,250

Barco 808S $3,300

NEC GX-1100 $2,750

NEC 9PG XTRA $2,750

Sony 1292 $3,100

If I see anthing that sold that is not in line with those I'll post an update. The Mit's unit was significantly lower (don't want to state in case I decide to resell).

Jim

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Great, thanks, just curiosity you know...

Well, what no g90 for 50 cents? I'm dissapointed. :)

I just payed $600 for my vs-1281... It'll be a smoking deal if it turns out ok.

Can you see what tubes are in yours? I would like to find out what mine has, but it's still in transit. I bought it for the tubes but I think I just got the wrong thing.

Troy

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Troy,

I was not on site at the auction - I bid through bidspotter.com - I hope to have the unit in a week or so.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Oh.. I see.

Well I'll have mine about the same time then.

You will need a remote if it didn't come with one. You can't do a thing without it. You'll probably have to find a pronto so you can d/l codes from remotecentral.com

Troy

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The good news is that the auction listed it as "New in Box" so hopefully it has a remote...AND ZERO HOURS!

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Yes, or it could be just in a new box, as they are not held rsponsible for any of their descriptions being wrong so if it's junk it's just too bad.

According to the guys that have looked in person most descriptions aren't too far off so you should be ok though.

Troy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Jim, if it is junk, you can always rig four oak legs to the bottom and use it as a coffee table ... which you'll need for your new apartment once your wife finds out you paid $800 for a piece of equipment that you didn't even have stats on!! :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.