AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtishd /forum/post/18261816

Has anyone actually seen a Mits or Samsung display a 3d image? Who sells the converter?

one of our members has purchased a samsung 3d blue ray player and posted it supports checkerboard.one hurdle has been overcome for samsung dlp owners.know for reasonably priced glasses.

·
Registered
6,710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by knobby /forum/post/18262199

one of our members has purchased a samsung 3d blue ray player and posted it supports checkerboard.one hurdle has been overcome for samsung dlp owners.know for reasonably priced glasses.

Interesting. Is there a thread about this? I own one of the Samsung plasmas that are 3D ready, but my Plasma will only work in 3D if fed a 1360 x 768 resolution. I wonder if Samsung will take care of their own, and offer some type of internal scaler in that player that will output a 1360 x 768 resolution to throw the owners of the PN50A450 a bone.

·
Registered
306 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 /forum/post/18269618

Interesting. Is there a thread about this? I own one of the Samsung plasmas that are 3D ready, but my Plasma will only work in 3D if fed a 1360 x 768 resolution. I wonder if Samsung will take care of their own, and offer some type of internal scaler in that player that will output a 1360 x 768 resolution to throw the owners of the PN50A450 a bone.

sicktwistedfreak has purchased one of these blueray players and i asked him to post back after he had time to try it if it did checkerboard and he replied back it did.as for working on your set and what model player he has i don't know.i am not sure what type of 3d set he owns

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
From sicktwistefreek's post it was not clear to me if had purchased a Samsung C7000 3D TV, a Misubishi 3D capable TV or a 3D blu-ray player sinde his response to one query was yes it received checkerbox 3D. Since there has been no indication of the Samsung 3D blu-ray player beinng available anywhere yet IMHO he does not have one. One the 10th when they do become available we will find out what it's capabilites are.

I suspect that it will support checkerbox output which is not required by the Blu-ray spec since their new 3D C7000 TV suportts checkerbox input which is not requried by the HDMI 1.4 spec

·
Registered
7,034 Posts
I'm currently using the 3D mode with my Samsung DLP.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
There was a company at CES that was showing 3D on a Mits (73737, I believe). They were promoting their glasses, IIRC.

So yes, I've seen 3D on a Mits.

·
Registered
7,034 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
I just got my 73" 73c9 recently... tried the 3d with my PC hooked up to try some games.... some look better than others, but my eyes started to hurt after a bit....

·
Registered
250 Posts
I went to Vanns in Billings, Montana recently and got a great demonstration of a large screen Mitsubishi Diamond series with the 3D glasses. I have to admit I was impressed. My wife and I sat there for a good 30 minutes and got an eyeful of 3D entertainment on a Blu-ray disc put out by Mitsubishi. I can't afford the setup the way they had it, it was over $7,000. I'm sure the TV was larger than 65 inches, but I don't know the model number. I'm sold on the potential for 3D now. I just need for it to come under $5,000 for something similar for me to consider it.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Mits 65737, hoping the Ps3 and TV will be able to deliver, i bragged to my cousin about just watching Avatar at home
I hate theaters.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Guess I'm gonna havta drag my 3D Vision equipped PC over to my 65C9. I've been dying to try it out but hate moving my server tower size computer.

·
Registered
7,034 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpy /forum/post/18294540

Guess I'm gonna havta drag my 3D Vision equipped PC over to my 65C9. I've been dying to try it out but hate moving my server tower size computer.

Longer cables and wireless keyboard/mouse are all you need. Leave the tower where it's at.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
The Mitsubishi 3D truck was here last weekend. They had an 80 or so inch going with some 3d loops on a PC. It was a little jumpy but the 3d effect was very good.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I have the Mits 837 82in which is 3-D ready. I watched a demo at the store and wife and I thought it was pretty awsome. I don't have glasses yet so don't know how it will work in the home.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I have the Sammy A750 DLP and have been using the Samsung SSG-1000 glasses with emitter. I use my laptop and the Avatar game on the 360 for content. Very cool stuff. I am in Ohio right now for work and I saw the new Samsung 3d kits. I don't know if it uses an IR emitter or not. The demo they have setup the glasses are plugged in by USB. I looked up the part number on Samsungs site, it is not listed. I also spoke to Samsung directly last night and they have nothing in their resources about it. So we'll just wait and see.

Cheers

·
Registered
335 Posts
No problem. The battery powered single pairs w/o emitter are the SSG-2100AB, the rechargeable glasses w/o emitter are SSG-2200AR, and the kit comes with 2 battery powered glasses, Monster vs Aliens are SSG-2100T. However nowhere does it say if the kit comes with an emitter or not. Hopefully someone can confirm this. But there you have, Samsungs line of 3d eye wear.

Cheers

·
Registered
7,034 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel802 /forum/post/18326433

No problem. The battery powered single pairs w/o emitter are the SSG-2100AB, the rechargeable glasses w/o emitter are SSG-2200AR, and the kit comes with 2 battery powered glasses, Monster vs Aliens are SSG-2100T. However nowhere does it say if the kit comes with an emitter or not. Hopefully someone can confirm this. But there you have, Samsungs line of 3d eye wear.

Cheers

Right now, I don't believe the bundle comes with an emitter, because the new Samsung displays have the emitter built into the display. It's possible that Samsung may sell an external emitter separately later.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts