Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else recieved this Error?

Basically my set Turns On and then Right back off. When I run the Self Diagnostic Test the Error Code of "22" is returned. The Message is:

"22" ...Short Protect circuit

I am trying to figure out how to fix this issue without having it serviced. Could someone let me know if there is a quick fix to this error or if I actually have to open the box and do something a little more extensive.

Thanks.

·
Registered
399 Posts
About a year ago I had a different brand set do the same thing (turn on, but then immediately turn off, no picture). It turned out to have a short in the power supply. Which is what your error code is indicating. Sounds like it needs a Service Call.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a service call lined up for today. What did it cost you to fix the short? How old was your set when it shorted? Mine is only 14 months old but it is over the 1 year mfg warranty. I would like to plead a case to Mits to cover the costs. By the way this is about the fourth service call I have made on the same TV in those 14 months. I am thinking I may have a lemon.

Thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This question is not regaurding the error. But, as Mitsu owners you may know. I have a WS65803. The HD inputs are RGB and VGA only! Modern HD tuners and progressive scan dvd plaers are component. Is there a cable that has component on one end and rgb on the other? Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
399 Posts
MGAKATHEREAPER,

Sorry for not replying, but I just now saw this thread again. It cost me about $300 and it was a 4 yr. old set. At 14 mnth, I would ask Mits for help, I would expect them to pay something but not all (maybe they will pay parts only).

monster a/v,

You need a Component to RGB Transcoder. Check Inline Inc, Audio Authority, Key Digital.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.