AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if Mitsubishi is still comitted to Rear Projection DLP technology in 2009? If so, at what level (LaserVue only or also more economical lamp based DLP sets?)

·
Banned
2,421 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmz76 /forum/post/15499078

Does anyone know if Mitsubishi is still comitted to Rear Projection DLP technology in 2009? If so, at what level (LaserVue only or also more economical lamp based DLP sets?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcaillo /forum/post/15494201

I have been saying for some time that Samsung announced to us back in September that production would end on RP at the end of 2008. Mitsubishi has been saying that they intend to remain in the RP market focusing on very large screen sizes. They think they can be competitive in the 65" and over market and increase their sales as others move out of the market. We'll see, but it appears that they lamp based sets are very competitive. Laservue has a ways to go before we can call it a success or failure. Predictions either way are premature, for me. I just don't have the advantage of clairvoyance that some seem to have.

·
Registered
16,799 Posts
Three things happen every year;

1. The CES has their show in January,

2. There is 6 months of speculation of what the new models will be like,

3. People ask about the new Mits sets which aren't debuted untill April (or so).

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Since all major US consumer electronics retailers have ditched Rear Projection (I guess effectively because US consumers have shunned this technology) will Mitsubishi continue on with sub 60" lamp based DLP rear projection units.

If they do then they would be the only vendor in that market space and apparently would have no where to sell their product.

Just trying to get the deth certificate for lamp based RP DLP I guess CES 2009 isn't the place.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts